2008-09-08

Managed to finally send those transit maps ...

I finally came around to send some transit maps to a collector. There is a collector at Sun Labs of metro transit maps. Just as I put the envelope in the mailbox I recall I didn't take any pictures of the maps I just put in the mailbox. Well, you can check the blog to see them when they appear there ... should be there in a week or so.

Those maps; what city are they from, you might ask. Well, many years ago I spent some time in Tokyo and they had a very clever rail way map. By folding it in several ingenious ways it manages to cover the entire metropolitan Tokyo rail way system, and still keep it pocket size. At that time I had a Filofax, Palm Pilots where just around the corner, so I had the maps in it for easy reference. How many years ago? Well, at that time I didn't own a digital camera but had a Canon Ixus, at least it was an APS. I could digitize the images using an APS scanner.
Enough of this looking back, next post will look forward...

No comments: